Annual Dues FAQ
- Do I have to react to the annual dues notice?
If your account profile indicates that you would like your annual dues automatically charged to a credit card on file or automatically debited from your bank, no further action is required. We will automatically collect payment on Jan. 31, 2019.
If you would like to register for one of our annual dues payment plans or would like to pay with a different credit card or change your method of payment, please complete sections two and three of the annual dues remittance form and return it to Member Services at your earliest convenience by mail, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When is full payment due for my annual dues?
Jan. 31, 2019, unless you register for one of our payment plans.
- How do I sign up for an annual dues payment plan?
To register for the four, six or 10-month annual dues payment plan, please complete the annual dues remittance form and return it to Member Services by mail, or email (email@example.com).
If you would like to register for the 10-month payment plan, please submit your annual dues remittance form by Nov. 19, 2018.
If you would like to register for the four or six-month payment plan, please submit your annual dues remittance form by Jan. 14, 2019.
When registering for one of our payment plans, you must provide a pre-authorized method of payment. Pre-authorized payment options include:
- Indicating your bank account information (accompanied by voided cheque) for auto-debit of the corresponding amounts indicated on your annual dues remittance form
- Providing post-dated cheques for the corresponding amounts indicated on your annual dues remittance form
- Authorization to charge your credit card for the corresponding amounts indicated on your annual dues remittance form (if you would like to use a different credit card than the one on file with your account, please indicate that on the form)
- I see that my dues have increased over last year, why is that?
Every year, we carefully analyze the market and operating environment of our Clubs to determine annual dues pricing for the following season. This analysis considers market conditions, economic climate and increases to certain uncontrollable costs such as utilities, insurance and other factors.
In Ontario, the cost of operating our business has increased dramatically in 2018. Provincial legislation imposed a 23% increase to minimum wage in 2018. As an employer of more than 4,000 seasonal employees, with many of them students, the impact to our labour cost is significant. However, we are working hard to minimize the impact to Members.
We absorbed a significant portion of this cost for 2018 and we will continue with a phased approach to annual dues increases and other pricing over the next few seasons, rather than all at once.
- I see that the early payment program is no longer offered, why is that?
Given the increased cost of operating our business and rather than passing along higher dues increases, we’ve decided to suspend this program.
- I see you are offering a cash discount for payment of annual dues and cart fee plan by cheque, EFT, online banking or cash in full by Jan. 31, 2019, why is that?
Using a win-win approach, and to help mitigate some of the increased costs of operating our business, we are passing along a cash discount to those members who move away from using a credit card to pay for their dues and rewarding those who historically pay by cheque, EFT, online banking or cash in full by the due date.
- What annual dues items are subject to HST?
HST is applicable to all items listed in Section 1 of your annual dues remittance form.
- What annual dues items are subject to QST (Valid at Quebec Clubs only)?
QST is applicable to all items listed in Section 1 of your annual dues remittance form. QST is charged on the total for these items after GST has been applied.
- I didn't receive my annual dues remittance form or it has been lost. How do I get another copy?
You can find a copy online by logging in to your Club website or clublink.ca in the “My Account” section. Alternatively, please contact Member Services at 1-800-273-5113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a duplicate copy.
Go green with us and help save paper! Opt-in to receive your monthly statement and annual dues notice online. To opt-in, log in to your Club website, click “My Account”, and then “My Profile”. Under the Communication tab, check the box next to “Receive Annual Dues Notice via Email” and “Receive Statement via Email”. Once both boxes are checked, click the Save button.
- What happens if I disregard my annual dues notice?
If your account profile indicates that you would like your annual dues automatically charged to a credit card on file or automatically debited from your bank, we will automatically collect payment on Jan. 31, 2019. If you are not set up for automatic payment or have not selected a payment plan, your dues will remain outstanding after Jan. 31, 2019 and late payment charges will apply.
- What is the penalty for missing the Jan. 31, 2019 payment deadline?
A 2% late payment charge will apply. An additional 2% late payment charge on the full amount outstanding will be applied every 30 days thereafter.
- If I have other questions, where can I get them answered?
Contact Member Services via email at email@example.com or call 1-800-273-5113 and an associate will be pleased to help you.