Improved Velocity Golf Balls with New Matte Color Options
17 JAN 2020
Titleist Introduces Improved Velocity Golf Balls with New Matte Color Options
New Aerodynamic and Core Technologies Combine to Deliver More Distance with Greater Iron Stoppability
Every component of the new Titleist Velocity golf ball has been engineered for maximum velocity, including new aerodynamic and core technologies that deliver the longest, best performing Velocity yet. Golfers can also experience the speed of Velocity in style, with three new matte color options (Pink, Green and Orange) added for 2020.
Now available in golf shops worldwide, 2020 Velocity has been improved through comprehensive golfer feedback and new innovations developed inside the Titleist Golf Ball R&D labs:
- The invention of a spherically-tiled 350 octahedral dimple design produces a more consistent, high-flying trajectory for longer distance.
• Velocity’s engine – a larger, higher speed LSX core – generates fast initial velocity with extremely low spin on all full swing shots to help golfers get every last yard.
- The increased core size also adds spin for greater stoppability on approach shots.
“Velocity golfers love distance, and they never stop asking us for more yards,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “But we know they’re also trying to shoot lower scores, and distance is only one part of that equation. The advancements our engineers have made to Velocity’s aerodynamics package and high-speed core technology are meaningful. Golfers can take aim from farther away – confident that if they put a good swing on it, they’ll have the extra distance to reach the green with the ball flight to stop it there.”
The new Velocity is manufactured by Titleist associates at Titleist’s owned-and-operated Ball Plant 2 in North Dartmouth, Mass., ensuring the most consistent performance and quality in every dozen and every ball.
NEW MATTE COLOR OPTIONS
The improved performance of 2020 Velocity is enhanced by three new color options featuring a high optic, vibrant matte finish. Golfers can now choose from Matte Pink, Matte Green and Matte Orange (with play numbers #00-11-22-33), in addition to standard white (with play numbers 1-4).
Each matte finish has been developed and validated by Titleist R&D to maintain exceptional light stability and durability throughout the course of play.
VEOCITY PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
The new Titleist Velocity delivers longer distance, extremely low long game spin, high flight and greater iron stoppability through the following key technologies:
- New Larger, Higher Speed LSX Core delivers fast speed with extremely low spin on full swing shots for deep downrange distance. The increased core size also adds spin for greater iron stoppability.
- Fast NaZ+ Cover formulation is designed for speed and playable greenside feel.
New Spherically-Tiled 350 Octahedral Dimple Pattern provides a high ball flight with greater aerodynamic consistency for enhanced long game distance.
The new Titleist Velocity is available in golf shops worldwide beginning Jan. 23. MAP $35.99.