Curry-Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
23 SEP 2020
If you are going to carve pumpkins, here’s a way to put those excess seeds to good use from Blue Springs Executive Chef Wayne Krausewitz. These tasty roasted seeds make a great snack!
A medium pumpkin should yield about 2 cups (500 mL) of seeds.
- 4 cups (1 L) pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Madras or medium curry paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pumpkin seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and discard any bits of pumpkin flesh sticking to seeds. Pat pumpkin seeds dry with paper towels.
3. Combine olive oil, curry paste, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add pumpkin seeds and toss to coat.
4. Spread seeds out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 24 minutes, stirring occasionally, until seeds are golden brown. Let cool and transfer to an airtight container.